A Mum Left in ‘Absolute Agony’ when Trying Viral TikTok Hack Left Skin Peeling from Her Face

A woman from Bolton, Greater Manchester warned everyone to stay careful before trying any TikTok hack because it can turn into disaster any minute.

A mother named Shafia Bashir was trying TikTok’s viral ‘microwave poached egg hack,’ but things took a bad turn as her food exploded which led to her skin peeling from her face.

Shafia skin

Shafia revealed that she tried the most famous recipe which she found on TikTok, and that video was running around everywhere on the social media platform – at first, she poured some boiling water into a mug and then add the egg before putting it in the microwave oven for some minutes so that it could cook.

Everything was going smoothly until she put a cold spoon on the egg, and then it erupted ‘like a fountain’ which burned the right side of her face.

According to Shafia

She was instantly taken to the hospital and her treatment got started in the A&E, but Bashir’s burns remained stinging for almost 12 hours.

“As soon as I put the cold spoon in, it exploded like a fountain and it scalded me. I put my face under the tap and then had to get my mate to look after my daughter so I could go to A&E. My face has healed now, luckily with no scars. I used Vaseline, Sudocrem, whatever I could get my hands on,” she told.

I used Vaseline

According to Shafia, it was not the first time that she was cooking her egg that way as she had been doing it the same way for over three years by using her mother-in-law’s recipe, however, things went totally in the wrong direction when she tried to cook it on May 12.

“I did it exactly the same as I usually do it. I had already made the toast, I was starving. My ex-mother-in-law told me about it. She told me how to make a poached egg in the microwave. I had been doing it for three years.”

exactly the same as I usually do

“I boiled the kettle, half-filled the mug with water, put salt inside, the egg inside, and microwaved it for a minute. It wasn’t cooked, so I put it in for another minute.”

She further added, “After it happened, I put my face under the tap for 20 mins. But the burning lasted for 12 hours. It just didn’t stop.”

I boiled the kettle

The British Media Journal revealed that cooking shelled eggs in a microwave can be dangerous because the shell retains heat and the eggs remain cooked by themselves and it could cause an explosion in case of a disruption.

It could also happen if you try cooking poached eggs in the microwave, so be careful and take extra precautions while doing this or never do that.

pain in my life

The mum of one is doing better now as her wounds have healed and scars have been fading, but it was her message for everyone to consider their safety first if you ever want to try these viral hacks you watch on the internet because you never know when it could become disastrous.

“I just don’t want anyone else going through that, because it is trending on TikTok… It was the most excruciating pain in my life. It was a terrifying time for me. I was in absolute agony,” Shafia said.

Share Your Thoughts:

Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

Source: SWNS

You May Also Like